Welcome to First United Methodist Church of Post!
In-house worship resumes on May 24, 2020, with limitations.
Adult Sunday School classes may resume on June 7, 2020.
See the guidance at the bottom of this page.
Welcome to the First United Methodist Church of Post, Texas. We are glad you have joined us! We are biblically-based, community-centered, and focused on knowing God and loving all. At Post First United Methodist Church, we love because God first loved us. Therefore, we will pray for you, love you, encourage you, and serve you. We will also pray for, love, encourage, and serve the world around us. We believe that we are called to love & serve God and love & serve others. First United Methodist Church of Post is a place where we celebrate our faith, experience a loving and caring fellowship, and join together in Christ’s call to service. Our mission is to make disciples of of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Join us on Sunday mornings at 9:45 for Sunday School and 10:45 for worship.
Check Here for Worship During the COVID-19 Hiatus
While the building is open for worship, we still realize that not everyone is comfortable or able to meet in the sanctuary. We want to keep everyone connected as God’s people in worship. Therefore we will maintain an on-line version of worship as well as in-house worship. It is our hope that you can be filled in whatever way you choose to worship God.
Click on the youtube link below for shortened worship services – times of prayer and preaching.
03/22/2020 Worship link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_ZLWxE_-RQ&list=UUuC8nvmn1gJWJB8QeFuDIaA
03/29/2020 Worship Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WwXyzTKkZM&feature=youtu.be
04/05/2020 Worship Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVY9o_FljyM
04/12/2020 Worship Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K724AsATkjU.
Happy Easter, Everyone! Christ is risen! Christ is risen indeed!
04/19/2020 Worship Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4qJ4CTlAZM
04/26/2020 Worship Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnajGkYhoJ4
05/03/2020 Worship Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Erz8aYKWBM
05/10/2020 Worship Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ0boXPkS3o
05/17/2020 Worship Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWV6Y6t3Bg
05/24/2020 Worship Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQyAVr3Mv30&feature=youtu.be
05/31/2020 Worship Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an893UJ__UI
Have a Blessed Week!
Guidance for Resuming In-House Worship
There are some changes to “Business as usual” that will need to be followed to allow for safe in-person worship on Sunday, May 24th. They are as follows:
- As always, if you are not feeling well or are uncomfortable being in a confined space with others, please stay home. Pastor will continue to record and post a time of prayer and preaching to YouTube for you to watch.
- Access to the sanctuary will be through the main doors and the elevator at the back of the sanctuary only. These doors will be propped open until worship starts and at the send of the service so that people are not touching door handles.
- Ushers will be required to wear masks and gloves until the last worshiper is seated. Ushers will hand out bulletins.
- Ushers will ensure that each person entering the building uses the provided hand sanitizer and wears a mask.
- We will fill the sanctuary from front to back and empty it from back to front. Worshipers will be directed to their seats by an usher. Please sit where you are directed (it probably will not be your usual seat).
- We will be seating only in every other pew and parts of the seated pews will be roped or taped off to ensure proper social distancing and capacity limitations are met. Family units will be seated together.
- The offering plates will be placed on a table at the back of the sanctuary. Please place your tithes and offerings in the plate as you leave the service.
- Communion will be done using prepackaged elements. These will be distributed when you arrive for worship on the first Sunday of the month.
- Because of Pastor’s health the number of people in the pulpit/choir area will be limited to Pastor, Jan, and one song leader. There will be no acolytes until further notice. Lay Readers will sit in the pews and come up to the front to read.
- Also because of Pastor’s health, she will be asking for prayer requests from the congregation instead of passing prayer cards and she will not leave the pulpit/choir area to greet people at the end of service.
- Coffee and snacks will not be supplied. You can bring your own if you wish.
- Please use the restroom before you arrive. If you must use the church restrooms, please wipe down all surfaces that you touched (toilet seat and handles, faucet handles, and doorknobs) with the provided sanitary wipes. Use the wipe to open the door and deposit the wipe in the trash can located near the door.
- Please do not congregate in the Narthex (sanctuary lobby), the aisles, or in fellowship hall before or after service and refrain from handshakes or hugs during this time.
- Adult Sunday School may resume after June 1st. Further discussion needs to happen before a date is set for Children’s Sunday School.
- The nursery will remain closed until decisions are made on reopening the public schools. The nursery closure potentially will be for the duration of the summer.
- Choir, bell choir, children’s church, and children’s sermons may resume after Labor Day in the fall.
- Our goal for our next potluck luncheon is the Fifth Sunday in August. This will be reevaluated as we get closer to that date.
Please abide by these guidelines so we can keep everyone safe. We look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.
Pastor Koreen and The Leadership Team.
First United Methodist Church: A place where we celebrate our faith, experience a loving and caring fellowship, and join together in Christ’s call to service.
At First United Methodist Church of Post, Texas, we love to gather to celebrate our life and freedom in Christ, meet with one another to experience life-giving community, and give to those around us in service.
We have Sunday School at 9:45 on Sunday mornings followed by a worship service at 10:45. You are invited to join us at First United Methodist Church of Post, Texas, on Sunday mornings!